PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
We may collect your title, name, gender, date of birth, email address, mobile number, location and other personally identifiable information that you submit on the Website (“Personally Identifiable Information”) to provide you:
- A smooth, efficient and customized experience
- To enable Greaves Cotton Group entities to reach out to you in relation to programmes managed by them or products or services offered by them
- To enable us to improve products & services, as well as of the Greaves Cotton Group entities
- To process your requests (such as replying to your queries or complaints)
- To evaluate your candidature for prospective career opportunities with us
- To drive marketing campaign, promotional communications for which you have consented
- To protect our vital interest
- The PII collected for the aforesaid purposes will not be posted in areas of the Website viewable by the public or users of the site.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1.PII is given to us by you – [ Data shared by You ]
- When you contact us through the Website (through any form vis. e-mail address, hyperlink or social media address posted therein)
- When you register with us to receive products and/or services of any of the Greaves Cotton Group entities
- When you complete surveys conducted by or for us
- When you elect to receive any communications (including any newsletter, promotional offers) from us and information as may be voluntarily provided by you
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation and includes your IP address and the way you use and interact with its content, namely:
- Our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP address, operating system details, browsing details, device details and language settings. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. GCL uses this information to measure the site usage, improve content and to ensure safety and security, as well enhance performance of the Website
- We may collect your PII automatically via Cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about Cookies, please see the section below, titled “Cookies”
TRANSFER OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO GREAVES COTTON ENTITIES
The https://www.greavescotton.com/ website is designed to give you one stop view of the GCL company and the group companies and enable to you raise queries related any product/services being offered by any of the Greaves Cotton Limited Group entities. To enable us to provide you seamless experience, we may have to share your PII with the Greaves Cotton Limited Group entities. To the extent that these entities have access to your PII, we will ask them to treat it at least as protectively as they treat personally identifiable information they obtain from their other authorized sources. It is possible that any of the Greaves Cotton Limited Group entities or a combination of them could merge with or be acquired by another business entity. Should such a combination occur, you should expect that GCL would share some or all of your PII in order to continue to maintain and provide access to the Website.
TRANSFER OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The PII that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at locations that may or not be in India. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the territory of India, who work for or are engaged by GCL.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website has links that redirect you to our social networking pages such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and others that may be added from time to time. Your visits and activity thereon vis-à-vis those portals shall be governed by their own privacy policies applicable for visiting their sites. Please go through their privacy policies to get information on their Privacy Practices.
To enable us to provide you enhanced and secured user experience, we may enter into contract with various third party vendors from time to time. Such engagement may involve sharing of your PII. To the extent a third party has access to your PII, we will ask them to treat it at least as protectively as they treat personally identifiable information they obtain from their other authorized sources.
We do not market or sell your personal data to any third party.
DATA RETENTION POLICY
We will retain data for a reasonable time and/or as may be statutorily required to be maintained as per applicable law/ or arising out of legitimate purposes. We shall take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify PII that is no longer needed, including that processed by third party vendors engaged by GCL from time to time.
CHANGING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
GCL gives you the ability to edit your PII at any time, a request thereto should be made to email@example.com We will, however, retain in our files and databases PII you have requested to remove in order to use it in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use. Further, such prior PII is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored “back up” systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your PII will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access. We are committed to protecting your PII in our custody and have taken reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission and deletion. We use encryption at relevant points to protect your data. We have a process for regularly testing the effectiveness of our technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
To protect your privacy, as stated above, we will take the best efforts and adopt the best industry standards of information practice, however you understand that 100% security does not exist over the internet. You are responsible for protecting your PII and you should not share your login credentials and/or leave your personal devices unattended while you are accessing the Website, etc. The Company does not guarantee and you should not expect in the event of malware attack or negligence on your part that your Personal Information will remain private.
RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS:
- We acknowledge your right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of the processing, data portability, and object to the processing of your personal data. However, these rights are not absolute in nature and are subject to contract, applicable legislation, the record-keeping requirement under applicable statutes, ongoing disputes, or potential disputes GCL may foresee. To exercise these rights with respect to your personal data you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event of any misconduct/fraud/cybercrime, etc. on your part, the Company shall be at liberty to use your PII as evidence in the Court of law and shall also be entitled to carry out investigations/inquiries as it deems fit with the help of private agencies or authorities as it deems fit. By you consenting to this Notice, you agree to share of your PII for the aforesaid purposes and understand that exercise of your rights to that extent shall be restricted.
QUESTIONS AND GRIEVANCES/ RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
QUESTIONS AND UPDATES
If you have any questions or suggestions about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at: